Nov 26, 2008

Entertainment - India;Farhan Akhtar to dabble in television production now

New Delhi (IANS): Four years after being a judge on dance reality show "Nach Baliye", filmmaker-actor Farhan Akhtar is returning to TV as the host of "Oye! It's Friday!" .

And there are all chances of him turning producer for the small screen in the near future.

"Production for television is a strong possibility I have in mind for future. We have been thinking over it and I do have a team that has been brainstorming over the idea for some time now. But my hands are so full right now, it's tough to take a call on it," Farhan told IANS over phone from Mumbai.

"As of now, I am dedicating my time entirely to my films. Devoting time to decide the creative aspect of a show we want to produce is not something I feel is possible. But it will happen sometimes," he added.

Farhan is really excited about "Oye! It's Friday!", which will go on air Dec 12 on NDTV Imagine.

"'Oye! It's Friday!' seemed like just the concept I wanted to do. After I did 'Nach Baliye', I wasn't averse to the small screen, but everyone was offering me similar reality shows. But when I was approached for this show, I was quite excited.

No comments: