Chelsea manager Luiz Felipe Scolari has reacted angrily to reports linking striker Didier Drogba to Inter Milan.
It has been alleged that Drogba met Inter sporting director Marco Branca and Jorge Mendes, agent of the club's manager Jose Mourinho, on Monday.
Responding to the claims, Scolari said: "I do not sleep with Drogba. Where he was? I don't know. I'm not a policeman for my players."
Drogba has declined to comment on whether he attended any meeting.
"I have always said I have a contract with Chelsea until 2010, no comment about the supposed meeting," Drogba told Sky Sports.
Ex-Chelsea and current Inter boss Mourinho insisted he has no plans to sign the 30-year-old.
"I don't know where Branca was, I was at dinner at Cernobbio," Mourinho said on Tuesday. "I know absolutely nothing about this story.
"I know on the other hand that Drogba is part of the history of Chelsea and, from afar, it seems to me that he is and will be a Chelsea player."
Speaking on Wednesday, Inter president Massimo Moratti said: "I believe the desire is more the player's than anything else.
"I didn't even know (about any meeting) and I will get an explanation of what happened. We don't need any strikers."
When Scolari was asked at a news conference looking ahead to Wednesday's Champions League tie at Bordeaux if Drogba had been given permission to be in the company of Branca, the Brazilian was annoyed.
"Ask Peter Kenyon [chief executive], ask Roman Abramovich [Chelsea owner]," he said.
"I don't know, I am only the coach."
Ivory Coast international Drogba, now fit after recently being sidelined for over a month of the season because of a knee injury, was heavily linked with a move from Stamford Bridge in the summer but decided to remain at Chelsea.
Drogba has been banned for three matches by the Football Association for throwing a coin into the crowd towards Burnley supporters earlier this month but he is available to play against Bordeaux as the suspension only applies to domestic football.
7 months ago