Dec 9, 2008

Entertainment - In Conversation with SRK

Shah Rukh speaks on all that matters and says “I’m priceless”

On being conferred with the Malaysian title Datuk (akin to British Knighthood): “Thank you to the Melaka government for this prestigious award. I was so honoured to receive this award that was given by a country that does not even understand my language. It is an honour not only for me but also for all actors from India. I am very happy that I have found a big space in the hearts of people here.”

Resplendent in a black baju Melayu, samping and songkok, the traditional Malaysian attire, SRK also announced that he would shoot an entire film, tentatively titled Happy New Year, in Malaysia next year. — IANS

On what he has learnt from Mumbai terror attacks: “I am from Delhi. I have seen riots in Delhi and when I came to Mumbai in 1993, there were these bomb blasts and now I have seen it through 26/11…More I have seen these kinds of things over the years, more it makes me realise two things very-very clearly —one the vulnerability of life and the second part is that how important it is for me…that I need to spend time with my loved ones.”

(In an interview to CNN IBN’s Rajdeep Sardesai)

On whether it’s true that filmstars are being asked to slash prices: “Well , I won’t have to slash my prices (sic). I don’t charge that much. I never discuss the prices with the producer and work if I like the film. I am just priceless. I just sign the contract in the end and people in the accounts department tell me, this much money I have at the end of the year. I have worked at 2.5 crore in Chak De to 6 crore in Om Shanti Om. If you want to further cut, I am ok. I don’t participate in profits of a film. Even (in) my own company, we have proper distribution rights and things work according to them.”

On the movie Dostana and how he would have actually kissed!!: “I think Abhishek Bachchan rocks (in Dostana), so did Priyanka and John. They were really funny...laugh riot...very funny. Obviously it (the humour) gets pushed a bit, and I can say because it’s Karan's film so it’s like my film… the premise of the two men being found...always being found in a kissing position or supposedly getting into an erotic pose, the joke dies after some time. But beyond that, it’s nice for them to have made a two-and-a-half hour film like that.

I’ve done gay characters before. I thought the last kiss (in Dostana) was good. But I thought they should have really kissed on the lips… I would have. I’ve actually done it in Karan’s film...in KANK. I’m supposed to be very happy and there was this fat coach, so I kissed him on the lips… but that portion was cut.”

On the best way for a man to stop getting older (he’s just turned 43): “I don’t feel it. When I read 43 , I feel it’s younger, I think I have made 43 look younger. Just don’t have any bad thoughts, be physically fit to play any game with your kids and yes, as I said, be kind to people around you. And believe that is the best stage to be in. I believe I can still do Raju ban gaya gentleman. I feel I am a new comer.”
(In an interview to CNN IBN’s Rajeev Masand)

No comments: