Oct 5, 2008

Sport - Cricket;Mustaq may be England Spin bowling Coach

LONDON: Former Pakistan spinner Mustaq Ahmed may be the next spin bowling coach of the English team.
Mustaq on Saturday said he is inclined to fill in for the position of spin coach with England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB).
"I may have some role with the English spinners in conjunction with the ECB," Mushtaq said.
Mustaq has the backing of England's head coach, Peter Moores who has been a close aid since their time together at Sussex and believes the Pakistani can play an important role for England.
The leg spinner, though, was quick to add that if Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) offers him to coach the national side, he will be eager to offer his services.
"I want to pay my country back for all that it's given me," he said. "They looked after me when I was young and made me who I am."
Mushtaq retired from first-class cricket in August and has already been approached by Sussex for a coaching role in the side.

No comments: