Nov 10, 2008

Entertainment - Beyonce wants to play black superhero

LONDON: Following the election of Barack Obama as America's first African-American president, singer Beyonce Knowles has expressed her desire to play the country's first black superhero.

The 27-year-old diva has met executives at DC Comics and Warner Brothers, who own the rights to the super heroine "Wonder Woman", to play the lead role, reports dailymail.co.uk.

“A black Wonder Woman would be a powerful thing. It's time for that, right? It would be great. I was thinking to myself, okay, I need to be a super hero and Wonder Woman would be a very bold choice. There's an action element that I would enjoy in it,” Beyonce said.

Her interest was sparked when she saw the red, white and blue swimsuit costume worn by Lynda Carter in the hit 70s TV show on display at a museum.

The singer-actress has also put on 20 pounds to play soul sensation Etta James in “Cadillac Records” and admitted the suit would be unforgiving of any extra weight.

“I would definitely have to keep it right for that costume. The way Lynda Carter wore that suit was amazing. Her waist was unbelievable. It was pretty crazy, her proportions. But I love Wonder Woman and it would be a dream come true,” she said.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I don't know to be honest. Wonder Woman is an icon, a role model for women around the world. It's like running for president when it comes to casting for fan boys like me. It's not just, "Will they put butts in the seat?" it's, "Do they live up to the character they're playing?" So, Beyonce as Wonder Woman? As lovely as she might be in the costume, I just don't know enough about her to figure out if she's the right fit.

------------------
Bobwilliams
Viral Marketing