Dec 9, 2008

Entertainment - Kate Winslet;I was hesitant about nude 'Vanity Fair shoot'

Kate Winslet says she was hesitant about the nude Vanity Fair magazine shoot until she was told that photographer Steven Meisel was going to click the pictures.

Contactmusic.com reports her saying: "I didn't go into that shoot knowing the concept... but when you're asked to be on the cover of Vanity Fair and photographed by Steven Meisel, it's a wonderful thing to experience. It is a fantastic opportunity just to be able to have that memory in your lifetime. I absolutely had a moment of thinking, 'I don't believe I'm gonna take my clothes off here,' and the next moment I thought, 'Yeah, dammit, I'm, I'm 43, I've had two kids, Steven Meisel is taking pictures of me naked. This is never gonna happen again!'

"I transported myself 30 years on and I wanted to be able to say, 'Yeah, I did that.' That was one of those crazy, wonderful things and I'm really happy to have that memory. I have the prints from the shoot that Steven gave me at the end of the day that were taken out of the camera and were blown up."

She also clarified the controversy of the supposed "touch-up" of the pictures.

"I will tell you the only thing they re-touched was my skin tone," she said.

No comments: