Dec 1, 2008

India - Disinclined to move to Home Ministry;Chidambaram

NEW DELHI: "I will be less than honest if I do not say that I was disinclined" to move to the Home Ministry, P Chidambaram said today but asserted
that he had to answer the call of duty.

"When the Prime Minister conveyed the decision to me, I will be less than honest if I do not say that I was disinclined," Chidambaram told reporters while winding up his duties in the Finance Ministry.

"But in a situation like the one we find ourselves, the final call is taken by the party leader, in my case the Congress president and the Prime Minister. I therefore answered the call of duty," he said.

Chidambaram was appointed the Home Minister yesterday after Shivraj Patil resigned in the wake of terror strikes in Mumbai.

No comments: